Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Dress!

I had a spur of the moment wave of inspiration last night and made up a new dress for myself.
This one is an Elizabethan type, based on the corset pattern I drafted up in the last post. I settled on the gathered kirtle, purely out of need for fabric economy. I squeezed it out of about three yards of upholstery fabric I picked up at Wally World last year. I'll post more details on construction at some point when it is all finished up. You'll see in the pictures that I still need to hem this, and finish sewing the shoulder straps, and finish the side skirt opening.

I'm also going to modify my linen tunic to wear with this by cutting the neckline to a square.

A slideshow of pics of my new dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
I welcome your feedback and comments on my posts!