Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blue wool tunic

Now, we're on to my blue wool tunic. This is on the very top of my repair pile, and has been for some time. One of the side seams has frayed and is becoming an ever larger hole. I just never seem inspired to do mending when there are shawls to knit, things to embroider, and bands to be tablet woven.

 


When I was collecting my materials for my under-tunic I was also checking around at resale shops for wool fabric, and I lucked out when I found some navy blue wool fabric. I pieced that together into this knee length version of my under-tunic with upholstery weight thread.
That got my through my first several events, and then when I wanted to embellish it a little more I bought several hanks of silk thread very cheaply on a now-defunct eBay store and embroidered a design onto my leftover cotton to tack onto the neck of my over-tunic. I wish I could find the design that inspired my embroidery, but I haven't been able to track it down. I do know that it was something that I originally traced off of my computer screen

Next up: A viking apron dress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
I welcome your feedback and comments on my posts!