Saturday, April 16, 2011

Well...no weekend plans after all

My weekend plans fell through...sigh. I was so excited about them too.

I did have three very productive days leading up to today though. On Wednesday I cut up a herringbone blanket to make a viking apron dress and (machine) pieced it together. I was able to finish hemming and sewing on the straps on Thursday morning. Right now it's just waiting to dry so that I can take lots of pictures of it. I also made a sideless surcoat on Thursday. The fabric that I have as my background here is what I used to make it. Pictures of this will also be forthcoming when my tunic is finished drying.

Today I was going to keep with the great progress I've been making on my to-do list but I guess I was a little clouded over by the failed weekend plans and still having a little personal pity party. Also, the back of my shoulders are all knotted up and sore/tingly. I guess I have less than perfect sewing posture. If it hasn't worked itself out by tomorrow I'm going to seriously make like a cat and work it out on a door frame. Or I could go find myself a rough tree and work it out like a bear.

I promise I'll get some pictures put up here of my outfits soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
I welcome your feedback and comments on my posts!