Friday, March 11, 2011

The linen is cut!

I cut into the linen last night. (eek!) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the lessons I have learned from my muslins were all I needed to know.
I finally settled on making it a knee-length garment, in a men's style. It will have a rounded triangle neck, like that of the Skjoldehamn Tunic. I have made the triangle almost as wide as it is deep, so if I need to change the opening style to a keyhole, square, or rounded it is easy to accomplish at a later date. The sleeves will be uniform width along their length. I have left the sleeves too long for myself. Right now I am still debating whether to just turn back and tack down the excess length, or to leave them their full length and install a drawstring at the end. I decided to leave the length there at any rate, mostly so that this could be an actual men's garment someday. The triangles from along the sides of the fabric will form 4 gore pieces, while the triangles at the bottom of the fabric will form 4 more. The rectangle between the bottom of the dress and the gore triangles will be the sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
I welcome your feedback and comments on my posts!