Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New linen, and the beginning of a tunic.

I had planned to make an entry here last night, but then I got carried away in the sewing room and it was nearly 2AM when I emerged.
My friend gave me a cut of 60"x70" linen in a natural sand color. I know it's not quite enough for anything proper, but I have been working on piecing together something that resembles an under-tunic.

My new linen, a coarse woven sand color.
My current plan has me cutting the fabric along the length; into two 30"x70" rectangles. Since my bust is 42", I can easily center a 22" half measurement on the 30" width of the doubled fabric.
This is a very very crude drawing on my plan:
My very quick drawing on some scrap paper from the sewing room.

Notice the 16.5" mark on the sleeves, that is going to be a problem very soon. I wanted my sleeves to be cut 16.5" in total, that should make this measurement 8.25". Good thing I am making a muslin.

Here is me first noticing that the sleeves are wrong:
You would have thought that I'd notice this during marking.
This muslin is so riddled with errors, it's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm off to go photograph some of the fitting problems, and draft up some changes. Maybe by the wee hours of tomorrow I'll actually have cut into my linen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
I welcome your feedback and comments on my posts!