Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thankful for audio-books

My library card finally arrived last week! Yay! The best thing about this library is that they have an online collection of downloadable books and audio-books. Listening to audio-books makes the cutting and sewing go much quicker.
The french seams make the construction take so much longer. On my past garments I have always just used a running stitch and reinforced stressed areas with a backstitch. For this garment I have been using a running stitch for the first pass of the french seam and then backstitching when the seam is turned on itself. That, along with using a double strand of thread throughout, should make this garment pretty darn durable.
So far, I have both sleeves stitched, the shoulder seams finished, and one gore partially installed. I would like to have all four gore pieces stitched in tonight. This means I could be on to the side seams tomorrow! I'll be only left with hemming in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
I welcome your feedback and comments on my posts!